Should I remove a benign tumor?
Benign tumors are easy to distinguish from the surrounding tissue, grow slowly and displace it only slowly. Over time, however, they continue to spread and can then compress other organs, e.g. B. blood vessels or nerves. The fact that a tumor is benign does not mean that it cannot lead to death. Benign tumors are often surrounded by a capsule of connective tissue, so they can easily be "peeled out" of the surrounding tissue during an operation.
Most benign tumors go unnoticed for a long time. Often the tumors are only discovered during a routine examination. An example of this is a benign tumor in the thyroid gland: some patients have a lump in the thyroid gland for years and are not aware of it. A routine ultrasound examination of the thyroid can then reveal the tumor by chance. However, some benign tumors can become noticeable very quickly, for example a benign tumor in the brain (e.g. a meningioma). This can press on the surrounding brain tissue and impair various brain functions, e.g. B. lead to paralysis or speech disorders or hinder breathing and lead to respiratory arrest.
The structure of the tumor cells in a benign tumor differs little from the cells from which they arise. Doctors then speak of differentiated cells. The more the structure of tumor cells deviates from their original tissue, the less differentiated they are and the more aggressive and malignant they usually behave. The tumor cells of benign tumors do not form daughter tumors (metastases).
- What are today's top social game developers
- What are the anesthetic options for rhinoplasty
- What is the price of Bitcoin 1
- Why did feminism arise
- How can we recycle water domestically
- How do I crack a railroad test
- Google searches every single application
- INFJs are good speakers
- What do tourists expect from the Maldives
- Why is bump not more popular
- What does number 2 mean
- What is boot it
- What is the best dark web market
- How massive are the largest known galaxies
- Most liberals are college educated
- How is pork imported into China
- What is I3 + form
- Why is commercial real estate tax protection
- Why did you stop buying on eBay
- Is Carlsberg beer good for your health?
- How is the Google price conversion assigned?
- What makes Chanel so special
- Is learning JSF necessary in 2017
- What is a locum doctor