Is neem an herb
Neem tree | Medicinal plant lexicon
The neem tree is already mentioned as a medicinal plant in ancient Ayurvedic writings. Indian doctors used it 2000 years ago for high blood pressure, anemia, hepatitis, ulcers, hives, thyroid diseases and indigestion. It was also used as a spermicide and for abortion.
The Neem tree is a fast growing, evergreen tree that can live up to 200 years. It reaches heights of growth of 15 to 20, in the best conditions up to 40 meters.
Its ingredients protect the neem tree from insects and pathogens. Humans also make use of this and use the substances from the neem tree in agriculture Pest Control a. The neem tree is also used to combat dust mites.
Today the neem tree is used, among other things, in dental and oral hygiene as well as in hair lotions and shampoos and is - as already mentioned - used as a pesticide.
- Scientific name: Azadirachta indica
- Family: Mahogany (Meliaceae)
- Height: up to 40 m
- Color of the flowers: white
- Occurrence: originally from India, today also in other parts of Asia as well as in Africa, America, Australia and on the Pacific islands
- Locations: drought and heat
- Parts of plants used: leaves, seeds, bark
Margosa, neem, neem tree, neem, nim, pearl tree
essential oils, azadirachtin, flavonoids (hyperosid quercetin rutin), tannic acid, resin, linoleic acid, meliantriol, myristic acid, nimbidin, nimbin, phosphorus, salannin, sulfur
Medicinal effect and areas of application
The neem tree has an antibacterial, antiviral, fungicidal, insecticidal, preventive effect against gum disease, spermicidal and virostatic. It is therefore used in the following areas:
- Skin fungi
- high blood pressure
- Intestinal inflammation
- Athlete's foot
- House dust mites
- Skin inflammation
- to cough
- head lice
- a headache
- Liver weakness
- Vaginal inflammation
Dosage and application
The neem tree is used in the manufacture of numerous cosmetic products and Dental hygiene products Use. Also Teas are available in stores, but if you have fresh leaves you can also make them yourself:
Pour one cup of boiling water over a quarter cup of neem tree leaves, let it steep for 5 minutes and strain.
- Do not use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Do not use on infants and young children.
- Do not take Niembaum products over a long period of time and in large quantities.
- Neem tree oil used internally can cause nausea or malaise in some people.
Photo reference: unless otherwise stated, photo credit by Fotolia.com (or Adobe Stock)
- Neem oil - natural strength with a wide range of applications
- Scabies | Disease Lexicon
- Blood pressure table for printing
- What works against bad breath?
- Interstitial cystitis - the chronic inflammation of the bladder
- The almond - the healthy all-rounder
Important note: Any possible medicinal effects of plants and preparations listed in this article are not to be understood as medical recommendations for action and in no way replace professional advice from a doctor or pharmacist.
- Is Alice in Chains still on tour?
- Why does Xbox not have a virtual reality
- What skills do foreign students have?
- How do I connect with British Airways
- What fonts are used for e-commerce websites
- The Raiders leave Oakland
- Why is Bruce Springsteen still popular
- What is the Rig Veda definition of God
- What's your favorite Gwyneth Paltrow movie
- Will a band ever beat the Beatles?
- Can drink beer with banana
- Why is a referral network important
- Who would buy expensive art?
- Leadership is subjective
- How can you avoid sibling jealousy?
- Rotate the rising warm air
- How do you recognize an anxiety attack
- How did Nagini meet Voldemort
- How are teenagers less protective?
- What are the biggest scientific job boards
- How do I kill Trump
- Where was lynching practiced?
- Who cares about company acquisitions on Facebook
- Is the education system out of date?
- How can I improve my starting height?
- Why do antidepressants cause dizziness
- How resonance enables maximum energy transfer
- What is Bitcoin SV
- What is the phenolphthalein indicator solution manufacture
- What makes cell phone coverage so expensive
- Eat cancer runs in families
- What are the best practices in life