What is the past of today
Know different times in the past
You have known a number of times, including the times of the past. Do you remember that?
The simple past consists of only one verbThe perfect and past perfect, on the other hand, consist of one verb and one auxiliary verb:
- Past tense (= past): I walked
- Perfect (= perfect present): I went
- Past perfect (= perfect past): I had gone
The past tense in strong and weak verbs
Some verbs form the past tense differently, so you have to use the Formation of the simple past see if it's a strong or a weak verb acts.
Strong verbs are also called irregular verbs, they change in the past tense their vowel in the verb stem.
That's why it's off I go → I walked
Weak verbs are the regular verbs and have in the past tense
- an inserted "t": I bought or
- "Et": I reaped.
The perfect is the perfect present, the plotthat is described with the perfect tense already passed and also accomplished.
You can easily see this in our example, because we are talking about yesterday. Everything that was yesterday and is told today was already finished yesterday:
I went to school yesterday.
Sometimes an action completed in the past affects the future (in this case, the present) as a result:
Perfect (completed action) → Present (Result)
Because I went to school yesterday, I'm a lot smarter today.
kapiert.decan do more:
- interactive exercises
- individual classwork trainer
- Learning manager
Form the perfect
You form the perfect with a personal form of “have” or “to be” and the participle II (preceding ge before the actual verb):
|I have spoken||I went|
|you spoke||you're gone|
|he / she / it spoke||he / she / it is gone|
|we have spoken||we went|
|you have spoken||you left|
|they have spoken||they left|
The formation of the perfect looks like this:
Personal form of "haben" or "sein" + past participle of the verb
Form the past perfect
The past perfect is formed very similarly to the perfect, but the action described there took place even before the action of the perfect tense instead of. So it has already been completed.
To form the past perfect, you need a personal form of “have” or “to be” in the past tense and the past participle:
|I had spoken||I had gone|
|you had spoken||you were gone|
|he / she / it had spoken||he / she / it was gone|
|we had spoken||we were gone|
|you had spoken||you were gone|
|they had spoken||they were gone|
The formation of the past perfect looks like this:
Personal form of “haben” or “sein” in the past tense + partzip II of the verb
- What is the most underrated tech brand
- Smurfette is evil
- What's the longest word in Serbian
- What will the iPhone 20 look like
- People naturally divide trust by subject
- Find funeral directors scary
- How are camera lenses made
- Women find Aleksandar Vucic attractive
- What are the main factors for 256
- What is the data dictionary in DBMS
- Where exactly does the thinking come from?
- Why is the travel industry dead
- Did the Chinese invade Scotland?
- What is the purpose of a memorandum
- What is a construct in programming
- How privileged is Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
- Is intelligence a choice
- Are you fighting with your family
- What exactly triggers a car alarm system
- Coldplay is a religious band
- What is basic democracy
- Is Norway an oil addict?
- What is UML and its benefits
- Are you for or against positive discrimination?