Is the USSR a socialist country
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
Power politics after the Second World War
After the Second World War, two power blocs were hostile to each other. On the one hand, there were the western democratic states, of which the USA was the most powerful state. On the other hand, there were the socialist and communist states in Eastern Europe and parts of Asia under the leadership of the Soviet Union. These two blocks determined world politics.
In the sphere of influence of the Soviet Union
From the west, the eastern states were referred to as the "Eastern Bloc". The term expressed that the Eastern European countries were ruled by the Soviet Union and could not make their own politics. The states in the east worked closely together politically and economically. A joint economic council and the Warsaw Pact military alliance ensured a uniform policy under the leadership of the Soviet Union.
Forced suppression of resistance
Resistance to the policies of the Communist Party or to the influence of the Soviet Union was violently suppressed. The Soviet troops were stationed in many countries in the Eastern Bloc to demonstrate the Soviet Union's claim to leadership.
End of the Eastern Bloc
With the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 and the peaceful revolutions in Poland, the GDR, Hungary and Czechoslovakia, the Eastern Bloc fell apart after 1990. Today many former Eastern Bloc countries are members of the European Union.
Your questions about this ...
We also take a break at the weekend in HanisauLand.
You can ask your questions here again next week!
- How do RO reverse osmosis filters work
- What is Off Facebook Activity on Facebook
- How difficult is the CS Foundation exam
- Killed Catelyn Stark Rob Stark
- What is hybrid DNA
- What does a band do emo
- What continent has the most poisonous creatures
- What more could Bill Clinton have done
- What is the origin of tabby cats
- How many users does Aha
- How do I factor x 2 + 7x + 12
- What is the principle of evaporation
- How did Beepi go down so quickly
- What is a pentatonic blues scale
- What happens in the Viva Voce
- How do you send parcels faster
- How do I make a gin martini
- How do you decide right from wrong
- Is Trump still a Bohemian Grove member
- Who was the wisest president of India?
- Why should people be bad
- People have vacation worries
- How is the distance between two planets maintained?
- What's on my mind