Can consumers survive without producers?
Habitats - Large forest dwellers
Food chains and webs
The principle of eating and being eaten prevails in the forest. If you create an overview of the above-mentioned food relationships, you get what is known as a food chain. The food relationships in the forest in turn consist of many different food chains that are connected to one another like the threads of a network. That is why one speaks of the “food web”.
What all food chains have in common is that they start with plants that build up their plant body through photosynthesis. The plants are therefore referred to as producers or producers. The next links in a food chain are dependent on the organic components of the link in front of them for their growth. They are therefore called consumers or consumers. A distinction is made between first-order consumers (first-order consumers) who eat plants, second-order consumers (second-order consumers) who in turn feed on herbivores, third-order consumers (third-party consumers), etc. As a rule, the food chains do not have more than 4 - 5 links. The final link is the end user.
If the end user dies, it is broken down into its mineral components by so-called "destructors". Worms and insects do the preparatory work. Then it is the turn of the fungi and bacteria. They break down the remains into the smallest organic building blocks, which can then be taken up again by the plants. So the destructors provide nutrients for the producers. So we come full circle.
© Silke Harrer, Susanne Decker
- What are some famous movie mistakes
- Easy ways to make money for charity
- Where to find PyTorch tutorials
- What is the best chat room software
- What is Apple's user demographics
- Is the universe a black hole
- Are parents allowed in the JIPMER Hotel
- Can the internet provider track the apps?
- When is a married person okay?
- Why Get a 409A Rating
- Governments encourage or discourage whistleblowers
- Should Armenia join the EU
- How do I make eggs taste good
- Who is an ideal business analyst
- How are the ALLEN classes in Mulund
- Where does the Mahanadi River come from
- Why do I miss hurting myself
- Where's the best pizza in Ventura County
- What do specialists in health informatics do
- How do you say AIDS in Swahili
- What is Devil May Cry 5
- What are the official NFL rules for overtime
- What is the national flower of Palau
- Which spices go well with salmon?
- What are ceramic tools
- Are iPhones getting bigger or smaller?
- What causes bumps on a cat's skin
- What's so good about being yourself?
- How do I negotiate with a narcissist
- Which art theme do you prefer
- Are you satisfied with the Ayodhya judgment
- Is CIMA is better than CA.
- Should Google Buy Twitter 1
- What is the recurring dream you have