What is tissue perfusion and oxygenation
At centers such as the University Hospital Erlangen, reconstruction operations are routinely performed with the body's own tissue and microsurgical vascular connections. For this purpose, the removed tissue is transplanted from one part of the body to another and reconnected to the bloodstream. "However, the time from removal to reinsertion of the tissue is still a critical phase," says Prof. Dr. Dr. H. c. Raymund Horch, Director of the Plastic and Hand Surgery Clinic at Erlangen University Hospital. Depending on the type of tissue used, the time that the tissue can survive without a continuous supply of oxygen and then be successfully reconnected varies from one to several hours. "If there are unforeseen delays in this phase, this can be critical for the success of the operation," says Prof. Horch. In order to optimize and improve this phase, and thus to increase the safety of such operations, the working group of Dr. Müller-Seubert and Prof. Horch have been working on methods of so-called extracorporeal perfusion for years.
To support their work, the researchers have now received research funding from the Research Foundation Medicine at the University Clinic Erlangen, made possible by a generous donation from Borghild Marshall. "It is a wonderful experience to see that people are so committed to translational, patient-oriented basic research and then unselfishly make their contribution to improving medicine. The Medical Research Foundation established at the University Hospital Erlangen is increasing such research funds , extremely helpful, "says Prof. Horch.
Prof. Dr. Dr. H. c. Raymund Horch
Phone: 09131 85-33277
- May IQ decrease over time
- How do I find my writing niche
- What are the negative effects of innovation
- What instruments does Anderson Paak use
- Where does bread come from
- Loves Jellal Erza
- How curable can lupus erythematosus be?
- You should try to fast intermittently
- What do mathematicians think of John Urschel
- Oxalic acid is saturated
- The reservation offices of the Indian railways are closed today
- Can you have character with no ego
- How do I learn web design easily
- What percentage of women shave?
- What kind of company is Quantega
- Who is Bob Pettit
- What are imprint fossils
- Why does Jaqen Hghar Arya Stark help
- Are bath bombs safe
- What is FRP unlock
- Depression can affect the whole personality
- Slovakia will be forgotten
- How does ultrasound sound for dogs
- How gambling worsens thinking