How do I uninstall LogMeIn for Mac
How to uninstall LogMeIn
LogMeIn is a remote access application that allows users to remotely control their computers from any device. There are several applications that provide the same functionality, so users who have chosen to switch to a different one may no longer need LogMeIn. If so, they may want to completely remove the LogMeIn application from their computers.
To do this, on a Mac computer, quit the application by choosing Quit from the LogMeIn menu. Make sure that all background processes of the application have also stopped by going to the built-in activity monitoring tool and browsing the list of active processes. Now open your applications folder, navigate to LogMeIn and move it to the trash. Empty the trash to complete the uninstallation process.
Unfortunately, some support or service files may still remain on the computer and users will have to manually remove them. These files are located in the Library and ~ / Library folders. The ~ / Library folder is hidden by default. To access it, users can open Finder, select the Go menu, and select Go To Folder from the options available. In the new window, enter ~ / Library and press 'Go'.
Inside, find all the files associated with LogMeIn and move them to the trash. Some of the likely places to check are:
~ / Library / Saved Application Status / com.logmein.ignition.savedState
~ / Library / Application Support / LogMeIn Client
The library folder that is not hidden can contain additional service files. So look for the following and also switch to the trash:
/ Library / Application Support / LogMeIn / drivers / LogMeInSoundDriver * .kext
/ Library / Application Support / LogMeIn /
Don't forget to empty the Recycle Bin again after you've removed all files to completely remove the LogMeIn application.
Windows users can uninstall LogMeIn like any other application. However, in some cases you may encounter an error with the following message: 'Another version of this product is already installed. The installation of this version cannot continue. Use programs in Control Panel to configure or remove the existing version of this product. Fixing the problem is not that difficult, but it does require deleting certain registry keys.
To start the process, type Regedit in the search box on the taskbar and open the topmost result. The next step is to find the folder that has the Product Name = Remotely Anywhere or Logmein registry key. First, take a look at HKEY_LOCALMACHINE, SOFTWARE, CLASSES, INSTALLER, and PRODUCTS. You can expand each folder by clicking on the node symbol in front of it.
After deleting the registry key, try installing the LogMeIn application normally. Once the process is complete, you can uninstall the application using any method.
Leave a message
Your comment is waiting for moderation.
Please make sure you are not a robot.
- How do you deal with noisy neighbors
- A train needs coal to run
- What are the product design courses
- What is the meaning of Typed Clojure
- Who is afraid of ghosts these days
- What is the brightest possible brightness
- Why don't Catholics evangelize?
- What is the Azure output
- Why do children do bad things
- What's best to study biotechnology or physics
- Are management levels in big business overstrained
- What are consonant clusters? Give examples
- How can I hide an email
- How much is 100 2 5 10
- What does golf mean
- What songs were written about blueberries?
- What is the most Californian thing at all
- Are Indians politically brainwashed by political parties
- How do people do statistical market research
- Where will the next tsunami take place?
- What is the science behind getting jealous
- How many dishes can you cook
- Who defeated Napoleon Bonaparte in 1815
- What do CPA accountants do