How important is it to dust
Biological particles such as viruses, bacteria or pollen are also part of the dust in our air. Soil dust, for example from the Sahara, which is carried around the world by air currents, forms a particularly large proportion. Fine dust is also produced in forest fires or other combustion processes. In recent years, for example, there have been repeated obstructions to air traffic because huge clouds of ash floated in the atmosphere as a result of volcanic eruptions.
No life without dust
But everyday dust also has important functions. Grains of dust break the sunlight and prevent it from burning down unhindered on the earth - an important prerequisite for the creation of life on our earth. In addition, a world without dust would also be a world without rain: every particle in the atmosphere serves as a nucleus for raindrops. It can only rain with the help of larger dust particles.
The larger desert dusts also carry valuable nutrients and minerals with them. These fertilize the sea in places that are kilometers away from the coast and thus support plankton growth. If this increases, it can filter more CO2 from the atmosphere and thus counteract the greenhouse effect. In addition, plankton forms the basis of the sea food chain. If dust could no longer carry valuable nutrients into the sea, it would have devastating consequences for life in the oceans - and thus also for us on the mainland.
- Tornadoes can fall behind a storm
- Is the Laravel Framework SEO friendly
- Has Seinfeld ever been shown in the UK?
- Robb Stark was Tywin's tough opponent
- Can nuclear energy be used commercially
- How do you lead your research group
- What if Mars weren't a planet?
- How will Prince Harry support Meghan
- What is the most strenuous physical activity
- Can a Korean go out with a Turkish girl?
- Can mermaids become human again?
- Should all cars become electric at some point
- How is psychology different from philosophy
- What is the best elective for IFS
- Can two equipotential surfaces interact
- What succulents are good at in the shade
- Is pyridine a heterocyclic compound
- What is the best xpath extension for chrome
- What are some fancy internet search engines
- What's wrong with Costco
- Which institute offers a SalesForce Live project?
- What if games were never invented
- How can I not miss my grade
- What rhymes with True