What is the purpose for habitat restoration
Restoring ecosystems - back to nature, but how?
The subject of the lesson is the renaturation of ecosystems - that is, the restoration of a natural or near-natural state. It is also about the fact that humans change their environment on a large scale.
By dealing with the consequences of human interventions in nature, the students understand how dependent humans are on intact ecosystems.
The teaching units can be carried out in face-to-face as well as distance teaching.
The main questions of the lesson are:
- Why is it important to restore ecosystems?
- What must be considered when renaturing ecosystems?
The students deal with the importance of renaturation in an ecosystem that has been changed by humans. As part of a simulation, they take on the positions of various interest groups, resolve conflicts of use and jointly develop a plan to restore an ecosystem.
The teaching unit can be used primarily in the subjects of biology, geography and social studies as well as the corresponding learning areas and specializations. The focus is on the anthropogenic threat to ecosystems and their restoration.
The main question of the lesson is:
- How do humans change nature and why is it important to restore nature?
Using various images, the students describe how human interventions change nature and how a natural environment can look in contrast to this.
You edit a given image of a built-up area to illustrate how a natural habitat can be created again. Editing can be done on paper, or students can use image editing or presentation software.
The teaching unit can be used primarily in the subject of general or general knowledge or local studies. In particular, the subject areas (designed) environment, space and home are suitable. In addition, the teaching unit can also be combined with the subjects of biodiversity, ecology and environmental protection. An interdisciplinary approach that includes art classes is recommended.
- How can I learn PHP quickly
- Is there gender equality in Russia
- What is the NCBI explosion used for?
- How did you learn yoga
- How curable can lupus erythematosus be?
- How would you define custom software
- What are ESL lessons
- How did Ahmed Deedat die
- How is mechanical in DCRUST
- What is excitement in a field
- How important is floss
- What's your best bathroom shower hack
- Which of the functions is convex
- How to solve mobile battery consumption
- How do urinals work
- What are birds of paradise
- What are MG MGB car covers
- How does Samanage compare to Zendesk
- How does Google AdWords affect my SEO
- Has anyone ever been bullied by LGBTQ people
- We get a double iPhone in Thailand
- Why is Willie Aames famous
- Are heuristics viewed as algorithms
- How do you live with a lesbian