Why do Americans wear shoes indoors
Why shoes in bed? [closed]
It scares me every time I see someone more or less sane in bed with shoes on. As this gets so common on TV (e.g. Buffy, Marvel Agents of SHIELD, whatever).
I understand shooting socks can look lame and you need to allow some time to start between tears and splashes on the bed, however do you know other reasons for tv people to stay in bed with shoes on?
An ideal answer would be: "In this interview, producer Whois said she was tired of seeing dirty socks on screen and decided to only let people in bed with shoes on." Even better if producer Whois can share this experience right here.
Alternatively, it can simply be said that lying in bed with shoes on is considered perfectly normal in the US and everyone does.
For example: https://www.buzzfeed.com/crystalro/is-it-okay-to-wear-shoes-on-your-bed?utm_term=.wrmzl2Ex#.ymww7RM6
Grimm the Opiner
Seems like an opinion based question, but as I can see it might be taking off your shoes in these scenes for a few reasons:
Look unnatural to many viewers. Many don't think about wearing shoes indoors, so it seems unusual to see someone stop to take them off. Possibly trying to consider a situation normal to represent.
You need too many takes to get right. Most TV series and / or low budget films have tight schedules and little capital. If an actor has lost too many takes because he couldn't take his shoes off properly, the show can cost time and budget.
Be largely meaningless - While a small number of viewers might be "happy" to see American television now resemble their own lives, most Americans wouldn't care one way or another. Since the main audience for American television is primarily Americans, our customs and cultural traits prevail.
This is not an uncommon thing. Many people in real life will put their shoes on their bed, couch, table, etc. Some people just don't have the same attitude as you.
Often it is shown because it is lazy or unusual.
If you look at the examples on the buzzfeed link, the first man immediately exudes a depressed, loveless "out of it" mood by sitting upright and fully dressed in bed and staring into space. The third example: Fully clothed with books scattered on the bed and sleeping on the sheets, it looks like the character has either passed out from exhaustion or just doesn't care about tidiness / cleanliness.
It's a quick way to add characterization or show mood.
- Why is temperature a macroscopic quantity
- What's your rating of Zoho product
- How fast does Anavar work
- How do wireless controllers work
- Offer IITs a BSc course in Biotechnology
- What does hybrid car mean
- What's in your EVE Online wallet
- What is the origin of tabby cats
- Trump will be a president for life
- Can nurses in Canada use marijuana in their spare time?
- Why do people stretch when they are tired
- Learning HTML Helps You Make Money
- Can digital photos be used for passports?
- Suppresses self-discipline one's own desires
- What are email service providers
- What is the profitability of department stores
- Why can't we completely ban Chinese goods
- Why are there toxic fandoms
- How would you deal with a stalker
- Black holes can be confused with stars
- How neurons interact between areas of the brain
- Why is the height in the boiling point
- I'll stay single for a long time
- A gas can have a boiling point