Drilling water wells is very profitable
How to find out Is it worth having a fountain in my garden?
First of all, a well in the garden is expensive: every meter drilled costs money. Between 3,000 and 6,000 euros must be budgeted for creating a garden fountain. In addition, there are the running costs for the operation of the electric pump. "Everyone should work out whether this is really worth it," says well master Matthias Schreier. He has been doing the trade with his son Sebastian for decades. He compares the business with Christmas: "Shortly before the festival, everyone rushes off and fetches the Christmas trees. When the weather is nice, warm and everything dries up, everyone calls and wants a fountain". The order books of the fountain company in Nermsdorf in Weimarer Land are full. The company drills wells with company partners in Thuringia, but also in neighboring federal states.
Fountains are worthwhile in large gardens with lots of fruit and vegetables
It is often cheaper to water with drinking water, especially in small gardens, says Schreier. In addition, a garden water meter can be installed, with which the customer does not have to pay any fees for wastewater. According to Schreier's experience, a garden fountain is only worthwhile for gardens larger than 2,000 square meters. And then a well only makes sense if a lot of fruit and vegetables have to be watered. According to the Federal Expert Group on Well Construction, a garden fountain pays off if it has recovered the construction costs within five years. So every builder should take the expected savings times five and compare them with the well construction costs.
Drilling plans must be reported to the water authority
Well construction experts use the following rule of thumb: Creating a well in an average-sized house garden is only worthwhile if the water table there is no more than six meters below the surface. On the other hand, if the property is very large, it may also be lower. Every garden owner can obtain information about the level of the groundwater level from the responsible water authority, the water supplier or a local well builder. Often it is enough to ask neighbors who may have already built a well.
Anyone who decides to drill a well must report this to the lower water authority, i.e. to the city or the district office. Otherwise, there is a risk of fines of up to 50,000 euros. An unregistered garden fountain for irrigation is considered an administrative offense. The water authority also sets the limit for annual water withdrawal.
Well drilling makes a large construction site necessary
When the well construction company moves in, it will be a major construction site. "We need construction freedom", says Matthias Schreier, "especially upwards". He was repeatedly asked whether wells could be drilled in garages or under carports. "No, that doesn't work," clarifies the well master.
The well drilling rig has a drill mast that protrudes ten meters into the air. The specialist company drills down to the water-bearing layer of the groundwater. A perforated or slotted well filter pipe remains in the groundwater. This is surrounded with filter gravel. This is followed by a pipe to the surface through which the water is pumped. This full-walled pipe is closed to the borehole with a sound barrier. Such a fountain provides a usable amount of water that also allows the toilet to be used in the garden. A good well brings one to four cubic meters per hour, say the Schreiers. If it's less, it's worth hooking up a cistern or storage tank. "But if you only want to fill your pool or water an ornamental garden once every few years, the effort is not worth it," say the Schreiers unanimously.
No romance: the manhole cover often closes the well hole
The garden fountain is by no means a romantic shaft fountain with a frog prince on the edge of the fountain. Most unromantically, the hole is closed with a manhole cover. "You'd have to hang a sign on it, this is my well so that someone can recognize it," jokes Sebastian Schreier. A historical shaft well is no longer being built today. At that time, they were laboriously excavated by hand over the years, as the Schreiers tell. The fairy tale fountain has died out as a model for newly constructed fountains. However, if there is no power connection, it is possible to install a nostalgic or modern handle pump directly above the borehole instead of an electric submersible pump.
- What is Kirkland WA known for
- Which WordPress theme does viralviralvideos com
- What are the causes of accidental foot pain
- Can food be refrigerated when the microwave is warming up
- Will Harry Styles make more films
- There are vampires and demons
- What is the antonym of Mercurial
- Why is an amylase unable to digest fats
- A 48 team world championship is good
- What are some great table tennis games
- I don't see the Airbnb host
- Why is Justin Trudeau good for Canada
- May cause nervousness diarrhea
- How do I meet other dubious men
- What is wired broadband technology
- Did you like to be in prison?
- What attracts you more lyrics or melody
- Who are your favorite Broadway composers?
- How much sleep is enough for the students
- What actually is the ISB Young Leaders Program
- Can Liverpool ever replace Suarez?
- Why is sustainable agriculture important
- When will iOS 12 be released?
- What line does the integral give us
- Semantics Do chickens really have chicken breasts
- Is Messi's career declining
- How do you pray to Jesus Christ
- What's wrong with Harry Potter
- IStockphoto credits expire Why
- What is it like to defend a thesis?
- Which color name ends with W.
- Where did your studies of anthropology take you?
- How do I fill out the form 3750
- Why is 1 1 3