What is the most famous music example
12. Folk and art songs in the romantic era
Nightingale, I hear you sing
My heart might burst in my body
Come and tell me soon
How to behave
Nightingale, I see you running
You drink at the brook
You dip your little whiskers,
Think it's the best wine.
Nightingale, where is it good to live
On the linden trees, on the crowns,
With the beautiful Frau Nachtigall,
Greet my darling a thousand times.
(Des Knaben Wunderhorn, Vol. I, p. 85)
CD: Wunderhorn, No. 11
Clemens Brentano (1778-1842)
The madwoman's night song
It sang long years ago
Probably also the nightingale,
That was probably sweet sound
Since we were together.
I sing and I can't cry
And spin so alone
The thread clear and pure,
As long as the moon will shine.
Since we were together
The nightingale sang
Now their sound admonishes me
That you drove from me.
As often as the moon shines
I remember you alone
My heart is clear and pure
God wants to unite us.
Since you drove from me
The nightingale always sings,
I think by their sound
How we were together
God wants to unite us
Here I spin so alone
The moon shines clear and pure
I sing and I want to cry!
Classical and Romantic, p. 268)
- What is isoamyl acetate used for?
- Why is SeaWorld so bad
- Why are high school kids very mean
- Who will inherit the kingdom of God
- Regret the business major
- How can I make my grandmother happy?
- What age group do young people fall under?
- What is 6 6 6 6 22
- Billionaires are good for society
- How do psychopaths view care
- Which courses are offered at IITs
- How far is 15 km from miles
- How can I create my booking website
- What do human heart primary cells do
- Which clothing brands have no sustainability?
- What do you add to the clay soil
- How can sugar gliders be tamed
- Are Jews Israelis more conservative than liberal
- How do I choose a final project
- How much do computers cost best
- What does sinistrophil mean
- What does CFM 56
- Bookkeeping is simpler compared to engineering
- What is customer data integration
- What would you name your next pet?
- Why doesn't McDonalds sell Mountain Dew
- Can the historical Jesus read and write
- The Bible is mind control
- Are the people nicer in Houston or Dallas?
- How would human extinction affect the climate?
- What a treatment for chronic constipation
- What is life in nine words
- Is the Greek and Indian mythology true
- Why do dogs sit up like humans