Why do people feel attracted to ideologies?
Everyday family life in the corona crisis
Extremist ideologies address the needs of adolescence for recognition, orientation, identity and protest. If parents suspect a process of radicalization, it is crucial that they do not panic when provoked, but that they try to understand their children and maintain contact with them.
The stories of Samra and Sabrina, Firas and Oliver have hit the media as “Brides of Allah” and “Austro-Jihadists”. They represent the phenomenon that jihadmism fascinates many young people and drives some to join jihadist movements or even to take part in acts of war or terrorist attacks.
There is often great uncertainty among parents. How should they react when faced with extremist tendencies? When is adolescent provocation, when can it become dangerous?
First of all: There are no simple answers, no simple recipes. Religiously based radicalization is a multi-faceted problem. In no way are only people with a migration background or from difficult social backgrounds affected. The causes are varied: The young people are dissatisfied with themselves, frustrated or unhappy. There are problems in the family or in school. They do not have stable social contacts and are looking for belonging. Experience so far from the counseling practice of the “Counseling Center for Extremism” shows that family problems and stresses can often be the triggering moments for turning to extremist groups. In particular, young people with a migrant background experience discrimination. Even precarious social conditions and a lack of prospects can be a breeding ground for radicalization.
What is religious extremism?
- Will the IS get a UN membership?
- What is after God
- Why do we only get mumps once
- All therapists have therapy
- Empty-legged websites are lucrative
- Asthama is a psychosamatic illness
- Is life black and white or gray
- What is the structure of pentanamide
- What is cloud technology and big data
- Why is participating in hackathons so important
- Eat enough natural plant-based foods
- What is a home away from home
- What is a dog's average lifespan
- Is 6 a good match for 401k
- What are the effects of MKUltra now
- What is the main cause of stubbornness
- Can brain tumors cause symptoms of BPD
- Why does the salt intake wake me up?
- What are essential hand tools for homeowners
- Is Warsaw a clean city
- What properties define a negative charge
- What's wrong with Costco
- What is Ealing famous for
- Who is the goat of football