Are there missiles that are reusable?
Success for China's reusable missile
For the future of space travel, China is also banking on reuse. The US company SpaceX has demonstrated - recently a bit bumpy with a prototype of the giant Starship rocket - that it should pay off if you land rocket stages in order to use them again later. The Chinese Long March 8 rocket also works according to this modular principle. The 50-meter-high rocket took off on Tuesday on its maiden flight from the Wenchang space center on the southern Chinese island of Hainan. The start originally planned for Sunday had to be postponed due to the weather.
Shortly after take-off, the control center announced that the flight was normal and that the first attempt at take-off had been "a complete success," as state media reported. Five smaller satellites have been brought into exactly the planned orbits.
Up to five tons
The Langer Marsch 8 has a load capacity between 2.8 and 5 tons, depending on the intended orbit. In the future, it should be possible to reuse part of the rocket - such as the boosters or the first rocket stage, which one day after a launch should also land vertically on earth again.
China is pursuing an ambitious space program with missions to the moon and Mars and the construction of its own space station. On Thursday, a moon mission that brought rock from the satellite to earth for the first time in more than four decades ended successfully. After the USA and the Soviet Union in the 1960s and 1970s, China is only the third space nation to have achieved this. (APA, red, December 22nd, 2020)
- Which fuels can a fusion reactor burn?
- Why is income tax levied
- Why is Sodium Acetate written as CH3COONa
- Why is Guinness so bitter
- How do you overcome social isolation
- Entomology sneeze or cough insects
- Why are game videos so popular
- Is the absorption endothermic?
- What are the idiosyncrasies of brave people
- Why is Himanshu Shekhar Das so stupid
- What is a free online library website
- What are the main cities in Nunavut
- What is cadmium coating
- Do you see Dragon Ball
- How has Danish developed over the years?
- Which TV show cancellation still hurts
- Is DNA a bio-computer-human-machine
- How is DTU or NSIT in Delhi
- What is the smallest migratory bird
- Which flower name ends with RA
- How is a parallax scrolling website structured
- Do INTPs really need a soul mate
- Vitamin D causes skin spots
- Why should someone leave their child?
- What is 2x 3 5
- Who is the greatest natural film actor
- Can I get copyright notices on YouTube?
- Why do people fall and fail
- What is your topic stream
- Why does NATO think Denmark is not defensible?
- Which technology is replacing smartphones 1
- What's your favorite SodaStream recipe
- What's so romantic about Paris