Why are toddlers so talkative
Psychology: Character traits of children persist into adulthood
All people are is different. Whether a person hits the ceiling quickly or has a more balanced, calm character, whether one quickly gives up or is principally optimistic and courageous - every person has a unique personality. A scientific study provides insights into the development of human characters.
We stay who we are
Character traits of children often persist into adulthood. A long-term study examined personality development and shows that the peculiarities of elementary school students were still there even 40 years later. "We are clearly remaining the same person," says Christopher Nave, a researcher at the University of California at Riverside. "Our personality follows us through time and life situations, wherever we go."
The psychologists evaluated the data from elementary school students from Hawaii, whose character was assessed by teachers during the 1960s. Forty years later, 144 participants were reassessed on the basis of interviews. Those subjects who were once considered to be very talkative were also later open, exceptionally intelligent and intellectually interested. The more silent children, on the other hand, were more likely to seek advice and tend to resign quickly when problems arise. The once impulsive participants had retained this trait. The less impulsive children, on the other hand, behaved fearfully and shyly even later. "Personality is part of us and our biology," says Nave, whose study appears in the journal "Social Psychological and Personality Science".
Important NOTE: The information is in no way a substitute for professional advice or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The contents of t-online cannot and must not be used to independently make diagnoses or start treatments.
- Which urban delivery startups are there
- What famous person is irrationally hated?
- Which CMS application offers these functions
- Is biology considered a predictive science
- Why is blackface a word at all
- What inspired the anime Toradora
- JQuery vs AngularJS
- What is the PUMBA placement average for 2019
- How does mosquito help spread viruses
- Anonymous comments are still possible
- Is the lottery legal in Delhi
- Why extroverts hate silence
- How can I go about acting
- What is the eSports League
- How do you recognize an anxiety attack
- Which blinds are better Roman or Venetian
- What is the adverb form of Sadden
- What is the full form of ACS
- How are rivers and lakes alike
- Is manufacturing engineering a good degree
- What is the past of today
- Why is BMW so expensive to maintain
- How long is the endgame
- Fatigue may cause fever