What do researchers do
Science is a certain way of dealing with knowledge. Research is carried out to increase knowledge. The new knowledge needs to be thought about before it is eventually spread further.
Scientists do all of this, in a university or in a club. They work “scientifically” when they work very thoroughly. This is important so that other scientists can understand what you have found out. For example, if someone claims that you can make gold out of lead, they have to explain how other scientists can do it. Now and then people happen to discover something. But if you spend time to find out and also write down what you have tried, what did not work and what did, then that is called research.
Some people say something like, "That's what science found". But actually there is not a single science. There are now a lot of sciences, the individual sciences. Linguistics, for example, is interested in languages, and geography in everything that has to do with the earth.
What kind of sciences are there?
Science is often divided into three groups. The humanities or human sciences have questions about what people do and think or have written. This includes history, which wants to know what people did in the past, and literary studies, which are interested in novels, among other things.
Social sciences ask about what people do together or how they live together. Here are a few examples: Religious scholars research what people believe in. Education is interested in how children learn and are brought up. Political science is, among other things, about states and communities, about who can decide something.
Natural sciences or real sciences deal with nature. In chemistry, for example, research is carried out on substances such as iron, oxygen or phosphorus. Astronomers observe the sky, biologies are interested in animals and plants.
You can't really separate it all: pedagogy is partly humanities, if you ask what great philosophers have written about it. Pedagogy is also a social science if one examines how children behave in a school class.
Because there is more and more knowledge, new sciences are also emerging. Often they are only concerned with a small part of the knowledge. Some sciences, on the other hand, are summarized in such a large field of knowledge: The geosciences deal with all questions about the earth.
These are still young scientists who are currently doing research in the USA. You are researching gravitational waves.
This is what it looks like in the office of Taavi Pae, a geography professor in Estonia.
Many scientists are still sitting in the laboratory late in the evening, like Mileidys Perez here in Spain.
Here in Russia, on the Taman Peninsula, an ancient settlement is being excavated.
With this little submarine, marine biologists take a look at the animals in the Pacific Ocean. It dives to a depth of 6,000 meters.
- Can I hack a Facebook account 3
- Is BITS Goa good for MSc Physics
- What facts should you accept
- How do pirates make money with streams
- What's your favorite oxymoron about writing
- How do I customize Ubuntu
- What powers would a divine being have?
- What if you are bedridden?
- How does the human thought process work
- How do existential nihilists live
- What has Israel done against terrorism?
- Who invented the decimal system
- Can we eat jam on an empty stomach?
- Joseph Goebbels had Asperger's Syndrome
- Can i keep the photo at 500px
- How do people open an orphanage
- Are feline house cats really domesticated?
- What does the term busy bee mean?
- Which artist sang the song Lady
- What if you are bedridden?
- How do I invest in the stock business
- How do insects communicate with their queen
- Can you give my username?
- What does it mean for you to enjoy life