What do doctors think of psychologists
Positive psychology: Many doctors and therapists despair of the misfortunes of others
"A good therapist is able to make a relationship possible, to keep it, but also to end it"
So isn't the widespread view that a therapist must always keep a distance from the patient?
It is not correct in shortened form. A practitioner who develops too many emotions during therapy needs distance to protect himself. We call this mechanism cool-down and we know it in general from the world of work. But it is actually a backlash to stress, a withdrawal strategy, not a professional technique - and the first step towards burnout. In a successful therapy, I first have to enable a relationship and encounter. The distance should only begin when a contact is completed, not as a protective mechanism during this time.
So am I a happier therapist when I can control my emotions?
For this I should actually learn to let go, but also to allow emotions. Both is important. Because for deep happiness I need all facets of life, including uncertainty, exertion and stress, which is then followed by the reward: the knowledge that I can endure a relationship and end it again.
"Many medical students alienate themselves from what is actually important to them in the course of their studies."
Are happier therapists the better therapists?
You can’t say that across the board. But studies show: If the therapist or doctor does not isolate himself from his own feelings, but consciously perceives them without being overwhelmed, his therapeutic effectiveness increases. The patient becomes healthier, the therapy more effective and possibly shorter, and the success more long-lasting.
- What is an OCJP Certificate
- What are Jyotirlingas What do they mean
- Mustang is a breed of horse
- Laura Ingraham is a white supremacist
- Why do I fail in selection tests
- Which TV show cancellation still hurts
- Is cheese edible when it is fermenting?
- When will Davido release his new album
- Is it illegal to fake a refund?
- What is lazha in Russian
- How do I use software without installing it
- Ayurvedic doctors are allowed to use computers
- What do mathematicians think of John Urschel
- Who did you love today
- Why are martial arts classes mostly men
- Does the Redmi Note 5 heat up
- What's wrong with Asia
- What are the uses of wheatgrass
- What are the benefits of mixed reality
- Which bands are similar to Thursday
- Which holiday destination impressed you the most?
- Do Indians prefer Bollywood or Hollywood
- Who is the funniest comedy actor