What is the biblical meaning of Cornerstone
Let it be made known to you all and to all the people of Israel that through the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene whom you crucified, God raised him from the dead, that he through Himstands healthy in front of you. This is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, that has become the cornerstone. (Acts 4: 10-11)
Peter preached to the religious leaders of Jerusalem and boldly told them about Jesus Christ. He took words from Psalm 118:22 and applied them to Jesus. He told them that even though Jesus was rejected by people - by them - He was exalted by God the Father.
This quotation from Psalm 118:22 has a special place in the Bible. It is a powerful and important statement in the New Testament about the person and work of Jesus. Jesus himself speaks of this in Matthew 21:42; Mark 12: 10-11 and Luke 20:17. Peter quotes that here in Acts 4:11. Paul referred to this verse in Ephesians 2:20, and Peter refers to it again in 1 Peter 2: 7-8. No text in the Old Testament is quoted more often in the New Testament.
The principle that the one who is rejected becomes the cornerstone is found in many biblical characters. It applied to Jacob, Joseph, and David - each of them was rejected first and then exalted. That was certainly true of Jesus.
- They did not approve of his origin (John 7:52)
- They did not approve of his lack of schooling (John 7:15)
- They Did Not Approve His Disregard of Religious Traditions (Luke 6.2)
- They Disapproved of His Friends' Choice (Matthew 9:11)
But Jesus became the cornerstoneeven if the religious leaders (the Builders) Discard him. God set Jesus as cornerstone for His grand plan for eternity that all things be established and fulfilled in Him.
Notice this is something God does - whom God raised. The elevation of Jesus from the cross to the resurrection to the right hand of God is alone The work of God. Who exalted Jesus and set Jesus above all?
- not the religious leaders - they rejected Him
- not the Roman leaders - they crucified Him
- not the Jews - they chose one another
- not the influential successors - they buried Him
- not the devoted women - they mourned
- Just God, the Father himself, could exalt Jesus
And He did - God the Father exalted Jesus as He did Him raised from the dead. We cannot exalt Jesus any more than the Father did, but we can acknowledge exalted Jesus and give Him the honor He deserves.
- Homo sapiens is the first religious animal
- How much exercise per week is moderate
- Can nurses in Canada use marijuana in their spare time?
- Robberies are common in New York
- Supports HiveQL general table expressions
- Which lord has 108 names
- Why does Eminem not release any more songs
- How do you say earn in German
- When was yoga mats first made?
- What makes some people so cynical
- Who is C3PO
- What is sqrt 3 3x 3 3
- Will Neymar join Real Madrid this summer
- Know how to short-circuit real estate markets
- Will electric planes really be the norm?
- Are isentropic and adiabatic the same
- What's the best side for printing photos
- What are some examples of emphatic adjectives
- Area 51 is a fake base
- What are some traditional recipes from Manipur
- Are seedlings edible
- Deliver to Amazon in Bhagalpur Bihar
- How can people in Brazil use phones
- What is Trump 2020
- Why does Welsh sound like Hindi
- What are some overrated life lessons
- How do you calculate the depreciation
- Who are the good NGOs in India
- What psychological theories are pseudosciences
- Finland is a forest nation
- What is the user experience process
- Can you warm up french fries
- Will web applications kill websites