What is the best buffalo chicken dish
We are coming to the end of our culinary world tour in Great Britain. But before the summary, I first brought you the British national dish.
Unfortunately, I have to disappoint everyone who now thinks that I am writing about an Indian dish. It was Indians who “invented” this dish, but in England. Probably the most established story goes something like this.
British people order Chicken Tikka from Indian. A delicious, seasoned chicken from the tandoori oven. Then the chicken comes and he wonders why there is no sauce, because English people have to drown everything in sauce. The cook is frustrated, but the customer is king. So he takes a couple of tomato strains, adds a few spices that go with the meat, and dips the sauce on the meat.
And now there was Chicken Tikka Masala instead of Chicken Tikka.
So much for the story, but now for the recipe, which consists of two parts. On the one hand, the chicken marinated in yoghurt with the accompanying sauce. On the other hand, from the spice mixture that I made myself. Many recipes on the net take ready-made Garam Masala. It is also possible, but if you like the scent of freshly roasted spices, you should do it yourself. For those who cook Indian more often, it is advisable to do more straight away.
Masala spice mix
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves
- 1 star anise, whole
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 5 cardamom pods (green)
- 5 peppercorns (without children 1/2 teaspoon)
- 2 teaspoons of paprika powder
Toast all the spices except the paprika in the pan over medium heat. When the kitchen starts to smell, you can use the spices further. Put all the spices in the mortar and grind them finely. Sieve and mix with the paprika powder. That should now be a total of just under 3 tbsp.
- 100 g yogurt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp spice mixture
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken legs cut up
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 onion
- 300 ml of pureed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp spice mixture
- Salt, chilli
I chose to make the Chicken Tikka Masala with chicken legs. Even if it was probably chicken breast in the original, the meat from the leg remains significantly juicier, especially if the preparation interprets the dish as a stew with a lot of time. If you don't like bones that much, you can now buy boned chicken legs if you ask your poultry dealer beforehand.
First, mix all the ingredients up to the teaspoon of salt into a marinade and then marinate the chicken in it for about 12 hours.
If you just want to eat a delicious chicken tikka, you should add garlic, ginger and coriander to the marinade. For me, the ingredients ended up in the sauce.
For the Tikka Masala, first sear the chicken in a grill pan to get a few roasted aromas. Then you get to work on the sauce. To do this, chop the onion, garlic and ginger and fry them lightly. Add the spice mixture and chicken pieces and deglaze the whole thing with the tomatoes. Add the leftover chicken marinade and simmer for about 1 hour. Season to taste with salt and chilli, and add the chopped coriander. (Keep some coriander to serve). Simmer for another half an hour with the lid open so that the sauce thickens a little.
Serve with rice and enjoy.
As a second dish for the culinary trip around the world, I cooked a Scottish goulash - Scottish Ale Stew. And we brought back some more Indian recipes from our culinary trip around the world.
We had Keoti Dal - mixed Dal with homemade roti and a Nariyal ki Kheer - an Indian dessert for beginners.
I like it:
- What is the importance of counseling on parenting
- How e-learning will change education
- Should Venezuelan refugees come to South Africa
- How does shiksha com make money
- Which plants can grow in mountain soil
- What is a human biology course
- What do you mean by word attitude?
- What is it like not to be very empathetic?
- How does Nifty 50 rise and fall
- How do I buy a startup
- Is CMI a good choice for me
- How many moles of oxygen in 19 ml
- Who created the Libra blockchain and why
- Why does the truth override facts?
- How big is the online dating industry
- What is the best deal site
- What is the CLAT exam
- Which laptops are upgradeable
- Shrink Levi Jeans in the dryer
- How do I know my language type
- What is the treatment for carcinoma cancer
- Which lie you wanted was true
- Why are 2 bills considered unfortunate
- Can I then study pharmacy?