What is architectural photography to explain
My photographic services include:
Working method architectural photography
Specify intended use
Architectural photography, real estate photography, hotel photography, industrial photography - the type of photography is subject to its intended use. The same project is photographed differently for an architect as a reference object, differently for a real estate company for the marketing of a building, and again differently for a construction company involved in the construction.
The exact agreement with the client is very important for the end result. In order to be able to approach the project in a targeted manner, the task and the purpose of the recordings should be clearly defined in advance.
A joint tour with the architect, during which he explains his work, is not absolutely necessary, but very helpful for spatial and functional perception as well as better understanding of his expectations. It offers the possibility of optimally planning the timing for the creation of exterior and interior motifs, considering individual motifs in advance and planning the best lighting situation in advance.
Especially with detailed photo documentation and larger buildings or with the first project of a new customer, the consultation with the architect is very important in order to organize the day of photography as efficiently as possible and to produce many meaningful motifs.
The preview of the object is a means on the way to the optimal photographic end result and is offered, within Berlin, within the framework of the daily rate at no additional cost.
Site plans, floor plans and existing photos form an important working basis, especially if an on-site appointment is not possible.
A joint inspection of the building is not a prerequisite - my customers often rely on my perspective and experience in creating architectural photos.
Daily rate architectural photography
For most construction objects, both exterior and interior photos are taken as part of a daily rate. Structural peculiarities and functionalities as well as materials and details are recorded photographically; in the case of suitable structures, twilight photographs are also taken.
Some of the motifs are often photographed in different light variants in order to get different effects and to present them to the customer for selection.
As an architecture photographer, I attach great importance to the preparation, planning, time allocation and efficiency on site in order to create a comprehensive image presentation of interesting architectural and real estate photos. Through many years of experience, I have learned to anticipate possible situations and to react quickly and adequately to unforeseen changes in external influences.
Presentation of the created image material
As part of a daily rate, several motifs are created which are then only slightly edited and presented to the customer for viewing and selection. I am available for a personal appointment, where the direction of the image processing can be discussed. Alternatively, I can send the motifs by e-mail or via Dropbox.
Delivery of the ordered architectural photographs
The selected architectural photos are digitally processed, retouched and delivered to the customer in the form of digital files on a CD-ROM / DVD or via the Internet. At the same time, I will archive them for possible repeat orders.
Digital image processing of architectural photos
For me, a sophisticated photograph of architecture is only the starting point for further processing. The purpose of digital image processing is not to overdraw or alienate the image, but rather to optimally display the photographed object in light, shape and color, render it neutrally and in a reduced manner, whereby the intervention must not be recognizable under any circumstances.
Digital image processing is another means of influencing photography, similar to waiting for the optimal light, the selection of the location and perspective or the positioning of the objects as well as the illumination of indoor photos, and serves the purpose of getting the optimal photography.
The human eye can often not explain why an image appears calm and harmonious. In architectural photography, symmetry, proportions and distances are responsible for this, which often have to be corrected in order to give the image the necessary clarity and elegance.
Basically, every architectural recording is digitally post-processed:
- The motif is straightened exactly to the millimeter, horizontally and vertically
- In the case of symmetrical perspectives, after digital image processing, the center of the image will correspond to the exactly centered center of the vertical or also horizontal and diagonal axes, which is not even possible with a large-format camera when taking photos.
- The distortions caused by the use of extremely wide-angled lenses (up to 122 degrees) are corrected and the usual proportions and shapes are largely restored.
- Contrasts are corrected (often by montage of the same motif with a different exposure time) in order to make details in the top light as well as in the dark areas visible, the color tone is balanced and adapted to the selected series of images.
- The image processing includes the processing of the exposed individual parts of the image motif as well as the copying of the same motif part from a shorter / longer exposure time into the exposed part of the processed final motif to compensate for the light situation (e.g. view from the window for indoor shots).
- At 200% image enlargement, the picture is "cleaned up" part by part, disruptive small elements such as faults in the street or facade, garbage cans, overhead lines, stains etc. are removed, open windows "closed", shadows shortened etc. - with the aim To get a clear, reduced architectural photo that offers little distraction from the object being photographed.
This type of image processing takes an average of 2-3 hours per motif and is included as a standard process in my offer for architectural photography.
- Which mold incubator manufacturer is better
- Domestic cats are important
- What does a god mean
- What are the best brand communication agencies
- What does wheat germ look like
- When is tqwl confirmed
- How does an electrochemical cell work
- What is the electroweak theory
- What causes fear
- Can PUBG be beaten
- What does it mean to catch emotions
- Why are handbags so expensive
- What are some good arguments against anarchy
- How do you avoid distractions while writing
- How do I play MPEG files
- Caimans are apex predators
- What is the French term for platform
- Which clothing brands have no sustainability?
- What is the difference between never and never
- Why is there no British secret service?
- What is cetirizine prescribed for
- Did Nostradamus predict something about alien invasions
- What if Denmark doesn't sell Groenland
- Can meditation affect you physically too?