What are some unusual Eggs Benedict variations
Eggs Benedict Recipe: How to prepare the delicious breakfast dish
Eggs Benedict can be found on the menu in more and more breakfast restaurants. No wonder, because the American classic is a simple yet sophisticated dish. Here you will find the recipe of the international breakfast favorite.
The ingredients for Eggs Benedict
Whether for breakfast on the weekend or for brunch, Eggs Benedict are a meal to feast on. Eggs Benedict means in German: Eggs Benedict. The dish consists essentially of poached eggs and bacon on toasted bread with hollandaise sauce. You will need the following ingredients for four servings:
For the hollandaise sauce:
- 1 shallot
- 8 white peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 125 g butter
- 2 egg yolks (size M)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
You can of course just as easily use ready-made hollandaise sauce.
For toast and eggs:
- 60 ml white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs (size M)
- 4 slices of bread, for example 2 toast rolls, sourdough bread
- Fried bacon or ham
- half a lemon
- half a bed of cress
- 100 g sliced smoked salmon instead of bacon
- in addition, a ripe avocado sliced
The sauce for the Eggs Benedict
- For the hollandaise sauce, boil the diced shallots with the lightly pressed peppercorns in vinegar and 50 ml of water.
- When the liquid is reduced by about half, sift it and let it cool.
- After melting the butter, beat the vinegar extract with the egg yolks in a water bath until a thick liquid forms. The butter is added and the sauce is refined with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Set aside the finished hollandaise sauce. However, leave them in the warm water bath.
The American breakfast classic Egg Benedict with salmon turns Easter brunch into a culinary pleasure.
The recipe for perfect poached eggs
Poached eggs are used for the Eggs Benedict. Poached eggs are also called lost eggs.
- Gently beat each egg into a cup with a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Pour about three liters of water into a saucepan with a generous splash of vinegar and bring it to a boil.
- Now a whisk is used to create a whisk in the pot, into which you slide the eggs one after the other.
- Turn down the stove. Now the eggs have to steep for a maximum of five minutes before being placed on a plate with a slotted spoon.
If the poaching process is too cumbersome for you, you can also use poaching capsules. To do this, put the egg in the capsule and then put it in a water bath.
How to prepare the Eggs Benedict
In the last step of the recipe, all you have to do is toast the bread slices and then top them with the poached egg. Place the egg on top of smoked salmon, avocado or bacon. The hollandaise sauce gives the recipe the finishing touch. Serve the Eggs Benedict while still warm with a little cress and lemon wedges as a decoration.
Eggs Benedict: A delicious variation of the dish results if you place avocado and lettuce leaves between the egg and ham. (Source: jabiru / Getty Images)
Where does the name "Eggs Benedict" come from?
Eggs Benedict are said to have been invented in New York. However, there are several origins: In one version, Charles Ranhofer, the head chef at Delmonico’s restaurant in New York, invented the egg dish because the financier LeGrand Benedict is said to have complained that there was nothing "new" for breakfast. The recipe for Eggs à la Benedick can be found in Ranhofer's cookbook "The Epicurean" from 1894.
Another story goes back to the stockbroker Lemuel Benedict. It is said to have asked for an egg dish with hollandaise sauce as a hangover breakfast in the New York Waldorf Astoria Hotel in 1894.
more on the subject
- Family life,
- Family and child,
- Easter brunch,
- Everyday knowledge,
- Hollandaise sauce,
- How often should you wash horses
- Are you fighting with your family
- Modern web browser for PowerBook G4
- What should the content of a travel website look like
- What are some non-religious motivational books
- What are the roles in Scrum
- Why is YouTube closing crypto currency channels
- Which is older shogi or chess
- What is the stock symbol for Sears
- What are some films with unreliable storytellers?
- Who suffered the most from Nagato or Itachi
- Who should I see on YouTube
- What a treatment for chronic constipation
- Is Yugi Muto alive in 5Ds
- What are your favorite design books?
- What was your easiest win
- Should human intelligence be regulated
- Can I start astronomy after 10th grade?
- Does Donald Trump have good hair
- In which application does the angular velocity make sense
- When did the Normans leave England?
- Praying will change your fate in Islam
- How can we imagine the bombing of Manchester?
- How can someone meet more exciting people
- What is the phone number of Prabhas
- Are the Germans fed up with Merkel
- Will services like GrubHub and UberEats last
- Which brands work with social influencers
- How can I become a good business woman
- How do I stop fearing someone
- Abraham was a descendant of Cain
- Can brain tumors cause symptoms of BPD
- What is the real truth about friendship