Why is human biology a science
Human Biology (M.Sc.)
The aim of the master’s program in human biology is to provide vocational and doctoral training in the field of biomedicine. Scientific competencies and skills that have been acquired within the framework of a biomedical or bioscientific bachelor's degree should be deepened and expanded. This is done through training that ranges from aspects of basic research to clinical research, which is conveyed in theoretical and practical, laboratory-oriented modules.
By choosing a major, further knowledge in the areas of infection biology, tumor biology or cell biology is acquired.
Active participation in research working groups should enable the students to recognize and structure scientific problems and to look for suitable solutions.
The content of the master’s course is deepened and expanded on three main areas of study:
- the focus on infection biology
- the focus on tumor biology
- and the focus on cell biology.
The master’s degree in human biology qualifies you for the following areas of activity, among others:
- Basic scientific research in biological and biomedical disciplines at university institutes, Max Planck institutes, major federal research institutions
- Research and development in facilities of the pharmaceutical industry or biotech companies
- Clinical research in the laboratories of the university clinics
- Other activities in clinical facilities, such as clinical chemistry, human genetics, cell culture laboratories or in areas of bioinformatics
- Activities for supervisory authorities (e.g. application of the Genetic Engineering Act, environmental protection)
- Forensic tasks
- Activity for funding institutions (such as DFG or BMBF).
Scientifically oriented jobs usually require a master’s degree.
Expand content Collapse content At a glanceAt a glance
Expand content Collapse content Student counselingStudent counseling
Current note on office hours: Due to the current situation with regard to the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19), personal advice is only available by phone and / or email. See the exact information on the web pages of the respective counseling center!
Central General Student Advisory Service (ZAS)
The Central General Student Advisory Service (ZAS) is the central point of contact for information and advice on studying at Philipps University.
Open office hours (brief consultation): Mon 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Wed 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Thu 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Individual consultation appointments can be arranged on our "Advice and Contact" page.
Academic advice on the course
Dr. Ursula Kutschenreuter
Dean's Office for Medicine
Baldingerstraße, 3rd construction phase, room +3/18150
Tel: 06421 5864069
Email: [email protected]
Office hours: by appointment
Marburger Stud-i-fon for questions about studying
Telephone information about studying and, if necessary, referral to university advice centers.
Tel .: 06421/28 22222
Expand content Collapse content Admission requirementsAdmission requirements
Expand content Collapse content Application & deadlinesApplication & deadlines
Expand content Collapse content Study abroadStudy abroad
Going abroad - but how?
Do you want to study abroad for a semester or longer and broaden your horizons?
Study within Europe with the ERASMUS program.
Information and advice on studying abroad outside of Europe (+ other options for a stay abroad) can be obtained from the Department for Studies and Internships Abroad and the International Office.
Expand content Collapse content Study & ProfessionStudy & Profession
- Tolkien is a better writer than Shakespeare
- How long is the Chinese New Year?
- How can I control my irritation
- What are some interesting facts about halibut
- How is pork imported into China
- Women find Aleksandar Vucic attractive
- What is an unbalanced alkene
- Anyone can be enlightened
- How do I prepare an SEO strategy
- What are your favorite villains
- What are the most innovative economies in the world
- What would happen if Trump banned anime?
- Round off model agencies in height
- How can I cancel GST in India
- Which phone is the best under 15k
- What is the shaggy scam
- What is the danger in the insurance industry
- How poisonous shame feels
- What should George Zimmerman have done differently?
- What happens in the Viva Voce
- What is the characteristic strength 1
- MAIT is a semi-government college
- How does a myth affect society?
- Which actor friendships would surprise most people
- How to avoid spaceships hitting asteroids
- Are socially impaired people actually socially impaired?
- Who is Kit Snicket
- What are the first multiples of 8
- What are the chances that women will develop hemophilia?
- How did talent competitions make music better?
- Who would win Bronn or Beric Dondarrion?
- What do you know about literature
- Which are cyclical deep discharge batteries
- What's your biggest cheap thrill