What must be read from Tolstoy
Leo Tolstoy: War and Peace
Lev Nikolajewitsch Count Tolstoy (1828-1910) was a Russian writer who came from the noble family of the Tolstois. His works are among the most important in world literature. War and Peace was published in 1869 and has since been widely adapted for films, operas and plays.
On the one hand, the book is exciting to read. The reader becomes familiar with the characters and feels every twist. On the other hand, the plot is more complex and multifaceted than today's authors expect their readers to be. The number of characters alone is around 250 people. In the end, you literally have the population of a small village in your head.
It is about Russia at the time of the Napoleon campaign and alternates between historical battle descriptions on the one hand and descriptions of the interior through the eyes of different, mutually influencing nobles on the other. With Tolstoy, of course, it's not just “War and Peace” that is exciting. Anna Karenina in particular is counted among the works that one should have read.
(Rank 1: Irrelevant - Rank 5: Highly relevant)
Historical value: 5
- How to make fluffy rice
- Are Indian Halsey fans you are
- How did Anil Ambanis' telecommunications company fail
- What is Generalization and Specialization in C.
- Time is a finite source
- Which websites offer precise tips for sports betting
- How did Shaun White get into snowboarding?
- Chess was invented in a brutal age
- Can the internet be claimed
- Employee Handbook for Valves What about larger companies
- Should karma be applied to energy
- What if games were never invented
- What are microscopic and macroscopic states
- What is a dominant diminished scale
- Why do cats spray
- How is acetophenone made
- Is teen abuse common in China?
- What is design for?
- What can a philosophy do as the main work
- Check out Assassin's Creed 2016 movie
- What is the price for on-site socialcast
- Is the law a tool for social change?
- Why is China so overpopulated
- How do I build strength in the gym
- How do you disarm a shooter
- What is the difference between these career opportunities
- Where does Andrew Yang work
- How do I stop night terrors
- What if people don't have to eat
- What is cloud technology and big data
- Is Finland good at football
- What are the downsides of anger