Should tea be hot
What is the right temperature for my tea?
Making tea is, in theory at least, one of the simpler joys in life. Put the tea leaves in a tea strainer or tea filter and then in a cup or pot, pour hot water over them and let everything steep briefly - done! However, if you want optimal tea enjoyment, there are a few things to consider. In addition to the dosage and steeping time of the tea, the water temperature also plays a major role here.
What is the significance of the water temperature?
Not all tea can tolerate the same water temperature. If a tea is poured too hot, it can quickly become bitter and undrinkable. If the water is too cold, the flavors cannot dissolve properly and the tea cannot develop its full aroma.
Before use, however, the tea water should always be brought to the boil and then cooled down to the required temperature. Boiling the tea water several times is also not recommended. With every further round in the kettle, it loses more and more oxygen, which has a negative effect on the taste of the tea.
Which tea likes it how hot?
While some types of tea should only be infused with boiling water, too rough treatment can quickly affect others. Green tea is one of those divas. He can't stand bathing in too hot water, and he shows that too. If it is brewed too hot, it gives off unsightly bitter substances. These distort its actual gentle and soft taste and often make the long-awaited cup of tea inedible. As a rule, the perfect infusion temperature for green tea is between 70 and 80 degrees. Very sensitive varieties from Japan should only be infused with water at 60 degrees.
Black tea, on the other hand, is a lot more callous. Literally. Assam, Ceylon or Darjeeling - they can all be doused with 95 to 100 degrees Celsius water without any problems. Only in this way do they develop their full taste and stimulating effect.
With Oolong tea, the infusion temperature can vary between 80 and 90 degrees. That depends on the degree of fermentation of the tea. If the tea is strongly fermented, you can safely pour hot water over it. However, if it is only weakly fermented, it has to be prepared more like a green tea and brewed with water that has already cooled down. Basically, the greener the color of the Oolong tea, the lower its infusion temperature must be.
Herbal, fruit and rooibos tea should always be prepared with boiling water. Most fruits and herbs not only give off their taste best at high temperatures, the whole thing also has health reasons. Since the herbal and fruit mixtures are largely untreated natural products, unwanted roommates such as bacteria or germs can nestle there. By pouring boiling water over them, the cooking is turned off.
How do I find the right water temperature?
A thermometer is of course best for determining the ideal infusion temperature. But of course not everyone has a thermometer in their kitchen at home. You don't have to buy one extra either, because the water temperature can also be easily determined with the help of a simple rule of thumb.
After about two minutes, the tea water has cooled from 100 to 80 degrees. After about five minutes it will have reached 70 degrees and after eight minutes it will have cooled down to 60 degrees.
With all of our teas you will not only find information on dosage and steeping time, but of course also on the water temperature. So nothing stands in the way of the perfect cup of tea.
- How does Cassandra compare to Amazon DynamoDB
- Shell gasoline is normally expensive in India
- What are the latest SEO tips
- How does a self-closing tap work
- If 2x 9 27 what is x
- How much damage can lightning do
- Can state capitalism save America?
- Can film material be given to the police?
- Corresponds to the mass of an electrical charge
- What are consonant clusters? Give examples
- Which course is better for software quality assurance
- Who is the founder of answerbag com
- Is there a killer insect
- Would you have sex with Ariana Grande
- What is Clostridium Tetani
- I need physical confirmation as to why
- How long should I salt a turkey?
- How do I use Pinned Tweets
- How could Google work with Pinterest
- What is the most powerful anti-inflammatory drug
- UC Berkeley is a private school
- When was slavery abolished in Colombia?
- What are ESL lessons
- Photosynthesize flowers
- What is active learning
- How does Google AdWords affect my SEO
- We have paid apps available for free
- Why doesn't Valverde play Denis Suarez
- Can I exist without my ego
- What is the hardest part of marketing online
- Mechatronics offers good employment opportunities
- What does a good poop look like
- Can you overdose on Abilify?
- How important is religion in France