Religion was the first virtual reality game
Immerse yourself in completely new worlds at the push of a button - what sounded like science fiction a short time ago is reality today. The new virtual reality glasses generate enormous media coverage, because the virtually represented “worlds look so real that you immediately forget where you are actually sitting. You can look around, the glasses adjust the picture, and the sound moves with it in the room. Only the feelings remain as strong as ever. ” In the school sector, teachers and students quickly ask the question to what extent the new VR glasses can be used advantageously in terms of media education, and what are their limits - or even their dangers .
The most important advantage of the new VR systems is the extremely high degree of their "immersion". This means the impression of immersing yourself in a completely new world (and thus largely forgetting your real environment). This effect is difficult to describe in words for those who are inexperienced in VR - anyone who wears VR glasses immediately understands what immersion means.
The VR systems that have recently become available all use a "head-mounted display" (HMD for short), ie a display attached to the head. The display, usually attached to the head similar to ski goggles, shows the wearer's two eyes a slightly shifted perspective, creating a three-dimensionally correct environment for the viewer - even if he moves his head, because the VR system calculates the data from motion sensors out all movements in milliseconds. The perceived environment remains stable - immersion is created.
Some VR systems are also supplemented with tracking sensors that can determine the head position in the room - as well as hand controllers so that the viewer can not only observe his virtual environment, but also actively interact with it.
Remarks LINDEMANN, Thomas: "Digitale Angst" (2015), Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung Online, http://www.faz.net/aktuell/ feuilleton / media / virtual-realitaet-auf-der-gamescom-2015-13738780.html
- What is Tennesy Whiskey
- What is the OSI model and the TCP model
- Where does Donald Trump's wife come from?
- Should Google Buy Twitter 1
- What is mintwud
- Why did Maoism fail
- How do I become an attorney general?
- How do critics rate concert pianists
- The fighting in eastern Ukraine stopped
- Can nerve cells cause cancer?
- How can I meditate anywhere and anytime
- How do you rediscover lost languages
- Who needs a kidney transplant
- How to download books from Audible
- How do you say suburb in German
- What is an HTML report
- What is it like not to be very empathetic
- Use WhatsApp every day
- What if your spouse doesn't support you
- Why am i sexy 2
- What is the best free audio software
- How does HDR work in relation to movies
- What makes a guitar riff good
- Will heels be easier to step on