Why is my hot water not hot
No hot water in spite of the functioning heating at the gas boiler
Why does the gas boiler not produce hot water when the heating is working?
Gas boilers, which are designed both for heating the living space and for hot water production, are called combi gas boilers. With such devices it can always happen that either the heating fails and the hot water still works or vice versa. If your combi gas boiler is heating, i.e. the burner is OK, but the drawn water remains cold, this could be due to the following reasons:
- Setting to heating mode only
- Changeover valve defective
- Defective heat exchanger
- Defective sensor
Setting to heating mode only
Especially with sensitive devices such as a gas boiler that is under water system pressure and filled with highly explosive gas, you should first of all rule out very trivial causes. If possible, you should avoid unnecessary work with associated risks. So first see whether the combi-thermal bath is simply set to heating mode.
Changeover valve defective
In older gas boilers in particular, a frequent cause of a hot water failure is a defective or jammed switchover valve. This 3-way switch valve is necessary for combined gas boilers so that it is possible to switch back and forth between heating mode and DHW heating mode. If the valve is defective, it may get stuck in one position - i.e. in heating mode if the hot water preparation no longer functions. The switching valve can be exchanged. But it is better to leave the change to professionals.
Defective heat exchanger
The heat exchanger can also be the problem, especially when problems with the hot water preparation gradually creep in and there were times with only lukewarm water before a complete failure. Over time, it can become calcified and then no longer perform its service properly or not at all. It may be enough to descale and clean it. To remove the device, however, it must be depressurized. If you are unsure, it is better to let professionals do it.
If the combi gas boiler is coupled to a hot water reservoir, the sensor that sends the gas boiler the message to reheat if the temperature is too low may also be defective. It is possible that it is no longer firmly connected to the cabling due to external mechanical influences and only needs to be straightened.
- Is the antenna a kind of converter
- Does mercury have any probes
- What is the top grade of entrance exam
- What are some sentence examples with beatification
- What is the current business environment in India like
- What are the factors for work hardening
- How can I become a Walmart applicant
- How to properly breed Betta fish
- Why does President Trump seem overwhelmed
- Should I learn Python or MySQL first
- Do sad songs affect our thoughts
- How does Nifty 50 rise and fall
- What is ribose sugar
- Why are some forests protected
- Has anyone started using Google+ Hangouts?
- What are accounting records
- I have to change my job asap
- What is Visa Checkout
- What are some popular snacks from Bahamas
- What do you know about literature
- A picture can speak 3 million words
- Is Isha a Hindu or Muslim name
- Can PHP be hacked? If so, how
- How did fish develop the lungs?
- How many concepts are there in OOPs
- Is my tree dead
- Can meditation affect you physically too?
- Google+ will go into the company
- I don't see the Airbnb host
- Which station is NBC in Detroit
- In which application does the angular velocity make sense
- Pankaj Sir Academy