What does man mean the barricades
Go on the barricades: idiom
"Huuuui! It just missed the ear!", Calls Niklas and looks after the paper plane, which has meanwhile reached the other end of the classroom. It's Thursday afternoon, the seventh hour is almost over and the whole class is already in the mood for the end of the day. Paper planes glide through the air, letters wander from one table to the next and in between loud giggles can be heard from one of the back rows.
The grumpy chemistry teacher Mr. Zorn stands contrite in front of the class and stubbornly writes one formula after the other on the blackboard. At any price he would like to go through the chapter from the chemistry book today. But then his patience breaks - he shouts with a red head: "That's enough! Tomorrow you all come at ten past seven!"
The class sits there moved by thunder. "That's unfair!" Grumbled a few students at last. The self-confident Merle stands up and says loudly: "We won't put up with that, Mr. Zorn. Then we'll go to the barricades!" Niklas is surprised. What are these barricades and where should they be?
The story behind the phrase
Barricades used to be called roadblocks, which also served as a protective wall. During the March Revolution in Germany in 1848, these protective walls became particularly popular when the insurgent citizens holed up behind them during street battles. If the citizens wanted to defend themselves and take their opponents under fire, they could only do so by climbing up the barricades. From there they had a good view and could defend themselves against their adversaries. So when someone goes on the barricades, they defend themselves and protest.
After a discussion with Mr. Zorn, the class can agree to do the rest of the learning material as homework at home. The early hour is canceled and the class can breathe a sigh of relief. Mr. Zorn is not angry about this solution either - so he too can sleep an hour longer.#Subjects
- Is this differential equation solvable by Matlab
- Why are there so many Hadoop distributions
- How snakes breathe
- What are the currently trending mobile apps
- What is freedom of expression limited by
- How many cubic meters make a tone
- What are bimodal images
- What should be the rule of friendship
- What are some special facts about introverts
- What is Bengali script
- Who has the most spiritual pressures
- How can you get more food stamps
- All actuarial exams are generally acceptable
- What will make you famous
- Is kpc a good medical college
- Why do we use programming languages 1
- Can nurses in Canada use marijuana in their spare time?
- Should we choose freedom over conformity
- Loses friends when they become successful together
- Can a pilot travel for free
- Do you like black women
- Parking is free after 7pm in NYC
- Are Fender acoustic guitars good
- What are the advantages of Odoo eCommerce