Why do people play golf 1
Play Golf: 10 Reasons Why Golf Is Cool
1. Golf extends life
Movement is healthy - and that applies not only to climbing stairs or jogging, but also to golf. To complete a round with 18 holes, you are around four to five hours in the fresh air and move a lot at a moderate pace. Nothing better can happen to your body. Up to 2,000 calories can fall by the wayside. The health benefits are also confirmed by a Swedish study: Older golfers have a 40 percent lower risk of death than their peers with different preferences. Golfers also live on average five years older.
2. Golf promotes the exchange of ideas
In many sports, an extensive conversation with a training partner often does not take place at all or may only arise after the session with a drink. Golf, on the other hand, allows you to stroll from hole to hole with your playing partner and to really immerse yourself in the world of your counterpart. The other way around, you too can benefit from advice and tips.
3. Learning to play golf has become affordable
While golf used to be the refuge of a snobbish elite, the picture has changed now. More and more people want to learn to play golf, because the ball hole has become affordable and is considered cool. Good club sets are now available from 300 euros. Numerous offers are aimed specifically at beginners. Equipment is usually provided for golf taster courses. If you have found pleasure in the sport, you have to complete the golf license - some of these courses are offered for less than 300 euros. Then there are the costs for golf accessories, the annual membership and the green fee costs in a golf club. These are very different.
4. You can play golf anywhere
Not in the mood for a golf club? Or is the journey to the next place too far for you? Then throw in a cross golf unit. This trend sport no longer has an elitist character and can be played with racket and ball on any suitable terrain in the city or in nature. Of course, the rule of Safety First applies - passers-by: inside must not be damaged.
5. Golf ensures good contacts
Many managers enjoy playing golf. That is why conferences and meetings in the business sector are increasingly being organized around sport. So that you can make contacts not only on the 19th hole, the club bar, but also on the green, you should acquire a solid basic level and knowledge of the rules. Otherwise you will quickly find out when talking about your golf handicap.
6. Golf is a great stress reliever
If you want to be successful at golf, a high level of concentration is required. Your creativity is also required in difficult situations. These tasks in connection with the relaxed atmosphere and the experience of nature on the golf course refresh the mind and psyche - and thus help to reduce stress.
7. You can also play golf alone
There aren't many ball sports that you can play all by yourself. In golf, you are not necessarily dependent on a teammate: in, you can perfect your technique. Without a flight partner: in you have no pressure, no waiting and the opportunity to play at your own pace.
8. Golf shows you how other people really are
If you golf with people you only know superficially or not at all - like at company events or tournaments - you get to know their true character traits very well. How does your colleague react when he or she takes a light putt? Is he or she secretly trying to gain an advantage by laying the ball better? Golf exposes people and shows their true colors.
9. Golf can make you rich
As a beginner: golf will not bring you any financial return - but that also applies to all other sports. However, if you have undreamt-of talents slumbering in you, the correct handling of the little ball can bring you millions. Several golfers are among the top earners in the sports business. At the annual Masters Tournament in the USA alone, $ 10 million is paid out in prize money.
10. You can combine golf
If you don't want to be convinced that golf is now a cool sport, you should try a hybrid form like footgolf first. The rules are similar: in this sport, a soccer ball on a footgolf course has to finish with as few shots as possible. Footgolf has been established in Scandinavia for years.
more on the subject
- What does halving mean for Litecoin
- How does a dosing pump work
- How could Google work with Pinterest
- Which exchange is allowed to close Bitcoin
- What does it mean to romanticize someone
- How does BVM College compare to Nirma
- Can you guess someone's IQ
- How do agile sprints work
- Psychopaths lack serotonin
- Is mycoplasma contained in a prokaryotic cell
- Who can challenge my cheese skills?
- Where stays calm and comes from
- Why do you need self-discipline
- How do Aragorn and Legolas meet
- Can the upper frenulum grow
- How is journalism done nowadays
- How does adrenaline affect the heart
- Are game computers good for work
- Meditation is more than concentration
- What are the areas of anthropology
- Is Arduino a single board computer
- How can people in Brazil use phones
- What is the wavelength formula and unit
- Is pyridine a heterocyclic compound
- Hitting a curb can cause damage
- Why does history contradict religious teachings
- LinkedIn is useful for freshmen
- What is your opinion on Bob Lutz
- What is the market share of limonin
- What risks do people with BPD take?
- What facts should you accept
- How is a brand an effective means of communication
- What should George Zimmerman have done differently?
- What is the current CRR