How does a dosing pump work
Dosing pumps - diaphragm / piston dosing pumps, dispensers
How do dosing pumps work?
The oscillating Dosing pumps deliver a precisely defined Liquid volume. This is sucked in on the return stroke of the displacer and, thanks to the subsequent pressure, is conveyed into the dosing line. This means that metering pumps can also be referred to as oscillating displacement pumps. The pump settings can be changed in order to adapt them to the specific task and the individual volume of liquid required.
The microprocessor technology enables precise control of the pumps. The following applies: the more precisely the control of the dosing pump, the better the dosing result. The exact dosage thus affects both the quality of the products and the profit margin. Thanks to the microprocess technology, precise control of the dosing pumps is possible. In addition, with conventional metering pumps Pressure sensors integrated in the pump head for pressure detection. In this way, the dosing pump protects itself against dangerous overpressure, which minimizes sources of error. However, the sensor technology increases the price of the metering pump by around 15 to 20 percent. That is why a Magnet control all pressure deviations - from Overpressure and Low pressure up to burst pressure lines and gas in the dosing head. The sophisticated monitoring function makes a significant contribution to operational safety.
Types and types of pumps
The dosing pump category comprises the following pump types:
- Diaphragm pumps, that includes Diaphragm metering pump (including the hydraulic diaphragm metering pump) as well as solenoid diaphragm metering pumps and moto diaphragm metering pumps
- Peristaltic pumps
- Reciprocating piston pumps, also piston metering pumps
- Gear pumps
In addition, dosing pumps can be used Pump drive be classified:
- Diaphragm metering pumps (mechanically deflected diaphragm)
- Magnetic metering pumps: In the case of a magnetic diaphragm metering pump, for example, a magnet moves the magnetic axis back and forth by switching it on and off. This movement is transmitted to the metering diaphragm, which is located in the pump head. Two valves prevent the liquid from flowing back during the pumping process. Here is the Dosing capacity usually individually adjustable. Since only the magnet and therefore the diaphragm move, this type of metering pump is almost free from wear. So oil and other lubricating fluids are not necessary.
- Motorized metering pumps: Motor diaphragm metering pumps are diaphragm pumps that are electrically driven. The membrane is thus deflected mechanically. The dosing length and rate can be set manually: The higher the engine speed, the higher the performance. They can be used in a variety of ways in the low-pressure area.
- Pneumatic dosing pumps: Pneumatic diaphragm metering pumps can be used when electrical power is available. In order to suck in the liquid, the compressed air produced moves the membrane with a spring force. This type of metering pump is often found in car washes and in fertilizer metering in horticulture.
- Hydraulic dosing pumps: High pressures are not a problem for metering pumps, as long as they can counteract them. Thanks to a hydraulic fluid, hydraulic metering pumps are created Counter pressures. Back pressures are mainly required in oil production, chemistry, pharmacy and in food production.
At the moment, however, it is mainly metering pumps that work on the eccentric screw pump principle that are used. They can reach high speeds and be controlled without additional measuring devices.
Choosing the right type of pump
In order to find the ideal metering pump, you should give yourself a few thoughts, as there is a wide range of types. The performance range can range from a few milliliters (in the laboratory area) to 40,000 liters per hour. High performance is required in process engineering.
Uses & areas of application
The performance range for metering pumps can range from a few milliliters, for example for the medical and laboratory sector, up to 30,000-40,000 liters per hour. Powerful dosing pumps are mainly used in process engineering.
Dosing pumps can be used in a wide variety of industries:
- Dosing systems
- Glue application
- Dosing of drugs (e.g. infusions)
- Dosing of chemicals (e.g. for Cooling water treatment)
- Dosing in biotechnical processes
- Wastewater treatment in power generation, electroplating, paper and pulp industry, treatment of table water
- Mixing additives in the Pulp industry and paper technology: the paper changes its properties through additives; it becomes either smoother or whiter.
- Dosage of chlorine to disinfection of swimming pool water
- Metal extraction in Mining
- Seawater desalination for drinking water production
- Kfz as Injection pump: In doing so, they pump the fuel into the combustion chamber or intake system with the necessary pressure. In addition, metering pumps can add additives to the fuel or take over the metering of fuel for external heating systems; known is the Webasto metering pump / Webasto fuel pump.
- Aquaristics: Use of dosing pumps or dosing systems in the aquarium or several aquariums to supply trace elements, fertilizers or other substances; the ATI metering pump is particularly well known here.
In summary, metering pumps are in demand in the chemical, food, environmental and biotechnology industries. The delivery rate can either be entered manually or via a data interface.
Manufacturer & service provider
- The oscillating diaphragm and piston pumps work on the positive displacement principle and stand for high metering accuracy. The LEWA ecoflow diaphragm metering pump, for example, has the following performance data: It delivers Flow rate of 19 m³ / h per pump head and one Delivery pressure from 1200 bar to.
- offers the Productgroup of the electromagnetic dosing pumps with the latest pump technology and at an affordable price. The dosing pumps can sometimes be used in chemical processes and in water treatment. The series EWN the diaphragm metering pumps are particularly popular.
- develops systems and components for dosing liquids for water disinfection and water treatment. ProMinent has different product groups: These include the hose pumps of the series DULCO (new: DULCOVaq) or the diaphragm metering pumps of the series ORLITA. Solenoid diaphragm metering pumps, for example, achieve a performance range of 0.74-75 l / h with one Back pressure from 25-2 bar. The DULCOMETER measuring and control device supports dosing pumps with the exact dosing of the pumped medium. ProMinent also offers the Bello Zon chlorine dioxide system for better water treatment that can be safely and easily integrated into the dosing process. ProMinent offers a pump guide on its website to help you choose a suitable pump.
- is a manufacturer and wholesaler of dosing devices and necessary components (e.g. replacement membranes) in the areas of Disinfection and dosing technology. The product range includes, among other things, chlorine gas dosing devices, dry material dosing devices and measurement and control technology.
- sera group
- is one of the world's leading German companies in dosing and compression technology. sera dosing pumps offer individually adapted application solutions for exact dosing, conveying and compression of gases and liquids.
- In production, precise dosing systems are essential for a high level of process reliability. If errors occur at the end of the process chain, for example when gluing or potting, costly financial consequences can be expected. That is why Scheugenpflug has set itself the task of developing and manufacturing adhesive, metering and potting solutions. Scheunenpflug covers everything from multiple solutions for series production to solutions for dosing small and micro quantities.
- The development and production of filling systems, dosing systems and the associated dosing components for semi-automatic and automatic assembly processes and production systems is the job of ViscoTec. According to ViscoTec, their products are part of the premium market segment.
Share your videos, articles, documents or jobs with the induux tagdosing pumps in the induux portal for a listing in the manufacturer directory. See the button below Dosing pumps in the supplier & manufacturer directory.
- What is sin 22 5
- What if PUBG is banned in India
- Great people do productive things
- What attracts you to yoga
- I'm failing college what should i do
- Which companies sponsor events in Hyderabad
- What causes the primary succession
- Which line of code has changed the course
- Why did you think Windows Never Again
- Are calendar media mail
- Who owns the largest boat in Denmark
- How is golden blood seen
- What is Google's Child Safe Search Engine
- How does an air taxi help people
- Why should someone leave their child?
- Can we remove glasses with 5?
- Will electric planes really be the norm?
- Miss Lucille Ball
- If 2x 99 103 what is x
- How do I use Pinned Tweets
- Are the banks closed on MLK Day 2020
- How can you define conscious thinking
- What are other websites similar to Dribbble
- Which songs start with z