What are the main factors for 256
Zurich (July 7, 2016) - Volvo Cars reports solid double-digit growth for the first half of the year, with vehicle sales up 10.5 percent to 256,563 compared to the same period last year. One of the main drivers of growth in the first half of 2016 is the global success of the new Volvo XC90.
For the first half of 2016, Volvo reports growth in all major sales regions. In Europe, sales rose by 10.3 percent to 138,851 vehicles as a result of the good performance in key markets such as Sweden, Germany, Great Britain and France. The bestseller in this region was the XC60, and demand for the new XC90 was also high.
The recovery continued for Volvo in the United States, where the company delivered around 25 percent more vehicles in the six months. The main growth factor in total sales, which climbed to 36,654 vehicles in the first half of the year, was the new XC90. The Volvo SUV was the best seller among the various models in the USA.
China was once again the largest domestic market for Volvo in the first half of the year, with 40,688 vehicles sold, the increase in sales was 6.3 percent compared to the previous year. Increasing demand for the new XC90 and the XC60 and S60L (“long-wheel base”) models produced there provided a boost.
In June 2016, Volvo's retail sales grew by a total of 10.6 percent compared to the same month last year, to a total of 51,431 vehicles. This was Volvo's 13th consecutive month of global retail sales growth. The largest domestic market this month was the USA with 8,588 vehicles sold (+43.5 percent), followed by China, Sweden, Great Britain and Germany.
The following is an overview of the sales situation in retail (deliveries to end customers) of the Volvo Car Group:
|June||January - June|
|China||7 282||7 727||6,1%||38 292||40 688||6,3%|
|United States||5 985||8 588||43,5%||29 367||36 654||24,8%|
|Sweden||6 371||7 228||13,5%||32 460||36 455||12,3%|
|Western Europe||19 004||20 098||5,8%||93 398||102 396||9,6%|
|Other markets||7 878||7 790||-1,7%||38 767||40 370||4,0%|
|TOTAL||46 520||51 431||10,6%||232 284||256 563||10,5%|
The global star among the models was the Volvo XC60 in the first half of 2016, with 73,817 vehicles sold (H1 2015: 78,066), followed by the Volvo V40 / V40 Cross Country with 48,670 vehicles sold (51,507). In third place was the new XC90 with 43,911 vehicles sold (6,719). For sales by model, see Sales Volumes in the Global Volvo Newsroom.
- What are the shopping tips for TV
- How did Sourav Ganguly get famous
- Are Naruto and Sasuke best friends
- Is infinite 0 equal to 0 or infinite
- How can I live without waste
- Would you testify if you were threatened
- Does Facebook India offer internships
- Why Windows 7 picks up DNS quickly
- How to say monocle in Javanese
- Can dogs feel hatred?
- What are some tips for good learning
- Can the H1B certificate of employment include benefits
- Why are you not taken seriously
- What's the best thing about Kane Williamson
- Which festivals should I attend in Mumbai?
- Bats lay eggs
- At what age should you start weaning puppies?
- What should an entrepreneur know about finance
- Are medical records really personal?
- The SEC bans retail forex trading
- What is a city jail
- What are the strongest renewable raw materials on earth
- How can attribution modeling help a company
- What is a piano riff